Candylike Sweetness, mild caramel. A distinguishing characteristic of Caramel Malts is their ability to improve foam development and stability and enhance viscosity due to non-fermentable structures they contribute to beer.
- 3-7% For balance in Pilsners
- 5-10% California Common Beer, Doppelbocks and Dark Lagers
- 5-15% Vienna, Marzen and Oktoberfest
- 10-15% Bitter Ales, Pale Ales, Mild Ales, Strong Ales and Belgian Ales
- 5-15% Certain styles of Brown Ales, Scotch Ales, Stouts and Porters
Selecting the same Grain Bill option for multiple grains will result in all of those grains being packaged together. Selecting "None" will indicate that you want this grain packaged separately.